Where have you been

Monday, January 12, 2009

Glove Love




Well, the Lloie Cardigan was a bust--not sure that five balls of the MC is enough; I have 5 each raspberry and plum, so maybe I will make something else. Besides, I turned out to hate the colorwork swatch destined for the yoke. Ripped it all out. Gone.

Meanwhile, I got a copy of SELBUVOTTER: Biography of a Knitting Tradition in which there are mittens and gloves in beautiful Norwegian patterns based on the Selbu rose.

I have knitted 2 pair so far (well, almost 2 pair) in Knitpick's Palette fingering yarn.

Pair #1 is Annemor #17, suggested as the starter, relatively easy. I did it in a suggested colorway Green Tea and Eggplant (no, not a Japanese dinner but a nice green/purple.) Then I decided to do Annemor #15 in Cornmeal and Garnet.  

No comments: